Saturday, June 25, 2011

NJPPC Atlantic City Poker Run

Win Some and Lose Some

Welcome to the Golden Nugget !!!

I have been very fortunate over the years shooting this event.
Something about this year's event wasn't feeling quite right.
I started off early at the Marina only to find one boat launching.
I made my way to a Committee member's house where a few more boats had been tied up.
The weather was looking a bit sketchy and that was when I was informed that the Helicopter wasn't able to take off due to severe weather conditions in their area.
That sort of set the stage for the entire weekend.

I needed a Plan B. I recalled how great a location was to shoot from the Atlantic City side of the inlet. Boats coming in would be bouncing off some decent swells. So I proceeded to instruct everyone where I was to be and where they were to come by. All seemed like it would be ok. As I drove further south the weather improved. The sun was out and I thought that now I just needed to get to the end of the jetty at the inlet. Once arrived I find a Dredge Barge right smack in the middle of where I needed to shoot... Needless to say, it just wasn't my day for shooting...

I tried to make it up on Saturday morning as I risked getting out onto a finger jetty and waiting for a few hours while boats would come out a little at a time. As time went by the tide was rising. I was running out of time. By 1 PM I had to get out of there before I was washed out and lose all of my equipment.

I got a few pics and an air shot or two. Time will tell whether or not anyone will actually make a purchase.

You win some and you lose some......


Click to view: 2011 NJPPC Atlantic City Poker Run Photos

No comments: